Do You Know Which Coffee Makers Use K-Cups? Let's Find Out!
If you want a coffee maker that can function as both a regular coffee maker and a quick coffee maker, you need to know which coffee makers use K-cups. These types of coffee makers can make you a great cup of coffee whether you use regular grounds, or you use commercial K-cups.
In this article, you’ll learn about why having a coffee maker that uses K-cup can be a great addition to your kitchen and how you can choose the model that will best fit your coffee-drinking needs.
What’s all the Fuss about K-Cups, Anyway?
The biggest benefit of using a K-cup is the speed and convenience that comes with using K-cups. Instead of having to fuss with grinding your beans, measuring out the amount, and brewing the coffee manually, you simply need to pop in the K-cup in your coffee maker and press “start”. This means that K-cups are best suited for people who have busy schedules and don’t have the time to worry about their morning cup of coffee!
Another benefit of using a K-cup is that K-cups come in a wide variety of flavors, so if you love drinking different types of coffee, there’s probably a K-cup that comes in your preferred brew. Keurig, the maker of K-cups, has even released a line of special flavors such as chocolate, caramel, and even French toast for those who have a sweet tooth.
Finally, using K-cups means that clean up is a breeze! Instead of having to remove the filter, wash out the basket and clean out the coffee maker, you simply need to remove the used K-cup, rinse out the coffee maker, and you’re good to go.
Why K-Cups are Better for Homes Than Coffee Shops
Now, you might be wondering why K-cups aren’t typically used in coffee shops considering the wide range of flavors and the convenience and speed that they offer. Don’t these benefits mean that a coffee shop would be able to produce more coffees quickly and satisfy more customers?
Well, the speed and convenience of a K-cup does come with a cost: the taste of the coffee.
Coffee connoisseurs scoff at using K-cups when it comes to making their coffee because the taste and aroma of brewed coffee is superior to the coffee produced by a K-cup. Coffee made by a quality coffee maker will have a deeper and richer taste compared to K-cup coffee. Therefore, you won’t find coffee shops selling coffee made from K-cups: why would customers pay good money for a cup of coffee that they can brew for themselves at home?
Features to Look for in Coffee Makers that Use K-Cups
Look for these features in coffee makers that use K-cups so that you can get the most bang for your buck, regardless of the model you choose:
- Pod compatibility – most coffee makers that use K-cups can also brew brands of coffee capsules from other makers. However, there are some models that are only compatible with K-cups.
- Quick brew time – K-cups can be brewed in under a minute, so if you have a coffee maker that can use K-cups, you’ll notice that the brewing time is significantly shorter for K-cups compared to brewing coffee grounds.
- Removable water reservoir – look for models that have removable water reservoirs for easier refilling and cleaning.
- Removable drip tray – if you want to be able to make K-cups in different sizes, look for models that have removable drip tray. This way, you can have a coffee maker that can accommodate all cup sizes from standard 8-oz cups all the way to large travel mugs that hold 22-oz.
- Automatic shut-off – sometimes you have busy mornings where you forget that you have coffee brewing in your coffee maker, so an automatic shut-off feature will prevent the coffee from burning and becoming bitter.
K-Cups versus Coffee Capsules versus Coffee Pods
Some people can get confused when it comes to what exactly K-cups are, so let’s make it easier.
K-cups are coffee capsules, but they are a specific trademarked brand that’s created by Keurig. This means that all K-cups are coffee capsules, but not all coffee capsules are K-cups! Some coffee maker models are specifically designed to only work with K-cups, but there are models that can work with any standard-sized coffee capsules.
Coffee pods, on the other hand, are small pouches made from fabric that contain coffee grounds. They look somewhat like tea bags. However, not all coffee makers that can brew K-cups are can brew coffee pods.
Factors to Consider when Choosing a Coffee Maker that Uses K-Cups
Choosing the best coffee maker that uses K-cups can be difficult because of the wide range of options. However, here are some factors that you should consider to help make your choice easier:
- Time programmability – there are coffee maker models that can be programmed to brew your K-cups at a certain time. It is convenient to be able to wake up to a fresh cup of coffee in the morning!
- Brew adjustability – if you prefer drinking coffee in different sizes and brew strengths, there are models that allow you to tweak the size and strength of the brew produced. You can program your preferred cup of coffee depending on your mood and you will have a wider range of choices.
- User interface – some high-end coffee makers have better user interface features such as one-touch brewing and LED displays that will show the type of brew that you choose. Having this feature gives you a better idea of what kind of coffee you are making, and it allows you to choose the coffee with the touch of a button.
- Budget- just like any appliance, the price of these coffee makers will increase if there are more features and accessories that come with the model. These coffee makers can come in a wide range of prices, ranging from affordable models under $100 to high-end models that can cost hundreds of dollars.
Now you know how to choose which coffee makers use K-cups. Always keep your budget and coffee-drinking preferences in mind when choosing your coffee maker model so that you can get one that will fit your needs. Whichever model you choose, you will be able to enjoy the speed and convenience that comes with using K-cups. So, go choose your coffee maker now and grab a freshly brewed cup of coffee whenever you want one. Know more about coffee makers.
Delicious coffee and university life go hand-in hand. That’s why we’re presenting these reviews of the 9 best coffee makers for college. Today’s college student doesn’t . .