Whether you are enjoying a boat ride or going fishing with family and friends, but you don’t want to miss that caffeine fix of yours while riding a boat, don’t worry. There are actually mugs that are designed to hold and keep your coffee warm while you are on a boat. If you think bringing the whole coffee maker set for your coffee fix is a little bit of a hassle, then a spill-proof, insulated boat coffee mug might do the trick. Consider some features in getting those boat coffee mugs for your next boat trip.
Things to Look Out for in Getting Boat Coffee Mugs
If you are fond of going boating, kayaking, or fishing, there’s nothing like a hot cup of coffee on the water. However, most of the time, you end up spilling your drink all over the boat. Although buying a cup holder might work, you would want something you could take with you wherever you go without spilling your coffee or making it cold. And no one wants a cold cup of coffee, especially during cold days on the boat. Boat coffee mugs will make sure that your drink is at the perfect temperature no matter how long ago you made it.
When buying the best boat coffee mugs, you will want to take note of a few things:
- Hot or cold: Will you be using your mug for your hot coffee or a refreshing iced one? No matter what drink you prefer, make sure to get your preference as some boat coffee mugs can keep cold beverages for hours while lacking in the heat department.
- Insulation: Whether the material of your boat coffee mug is glass, plastic, or steel, make sure that the mug is insulated for it to maintain the perfect temperature of your drink (whether hot or cold) over time.
- Lid: Choose a coffee mug with lids that are more spill-proof. Double lid boat coffee mugs are also available, meaning you can toss them in your bag without spilling your favorite drink. If you love sipping your coffee from a cup, other boat coffee mugs have more traditional lids that resemble a coffee cup. One best example for a leak-proof, stainless steel boat coffee mug is the Highwave MoJOEmo that will keep your favorite drink hot for up to six hours. It has a wide base with a non-skid bottom, 22 ounce-capacity, spill-proof, and double lid stainless steel mug.
- Size: When going out for a boat trip, having a huge coffee mug might come in handy, especially if you want to share some nice, warm coffee with your family or friends. However, larger mugs might be a hassle, especially when you have tons of stuff to bring for your boating activity. It is wise to check the dimension of your boat coffee mug if you’re taking it to your next boating or fishing.
- Sip vs. straw: One factor that differentiates between mugs is how you drink out of them. Those designed for cold beverages are most likely to have a hole that can fit a straw, while those geared toward hot drinks may have a small hole for secure and safe shipping.
- Washability: Also, make sure that the coffee mug is dishwasher-safe. If you need to wash it by hand, make sure you can completely clean it using a sponge (or else you might be needing a bottle brush to clean it).
From boat riding to fishing or kayaking, the reliable boat coffee mugs make it easier for you to enjoy your favorite coffee even on the go while saving money and reducing waste at the same time. It is even more enjoyable if you get your coffee blends from Dark City Coffee.
There are a lot of factors that are worth considering in searching for your perfect boat coffee mug – the spill-proof lid, insulation, size, even the ease of washing. No circumstance or situation should come between you and your favorite cup of coffee. So, whether you are on a boat, on a train, on a plane, or anywhere, you have no reason to miss your daily cup of coffee. Consider these features in getting your boat coffee mug for your next water activity. Learn more about coffee containers.