What Are The Espresso Drinks At Dunkin Donuts: Menu Guide
There’s a common misconception that Dunkin only serves famous and beloved donuts. The truth is, Dunkin Donuts also serve coffee beverages. However, most coffee drinkers don’t know that. So, I'll give you some information and tips on what are the espresso drinks at Dunkin Donuts to provide you with better options when you buy one.
I will also give you an idea about the tastes and the calorie contents of each espresso-based drinks so you can find out which flavor suits your taste buds and lifestyle.
What is an Espresso
Espresso bean is the same as coffee beans, although roasters may have a unique process for coffee beans destined to become espresso.
Most coffee drinkers are lead to believe that espresso must be an extremely dark roast. Generally speaking, you can use any roasted coffee beans to make good espresso; it’s just a matter of taste.
Espresso uses finely ground coffee, which is intending to produce an intense and concentrated espresso. You can brew espresso by using high-pressured water forced through the finely ground coffee.
You can serve espresso coffee with a single-shot 1oz using between 6.5 and 7.5 grams ground coffee. The brewing process usually takes about 25 to 30 seconds. Before finishing the brew, an espresso will feature rich reddish-brown cream on the top layer called ‘crema.’ This crema is a mark of the quality of an espresso.
What is an Espresso-based Drink?
Espresso based drinks have three common ingredients: espresso, steamed milk, and foam.
The main differences between these espresso-based drinks are the ratios of espresso, steamed milk, and foamed milk added into the beverage. Most flavored espressos have extra toppings such as chocolate on a cappuccino. But in general, every espresso-based drink shares the same ingredients.
Espresso creates a concentration of flavors that displays a unique ability to retain the espresso flavor even if blended into coffee drinks. A cappuccino, latte, or mocha are a perfect example of a new profile based on espresso. These espresso-based drinks added a creamy and velvety steamed milk and foam to form a different beverage.
Here Are Some Famous Espresso-based Drinks
- A latte is a double-shot espresso with added steamed milk and foam on the top layer. The flavor offers a sweet, creamy, and perfect coffee drink with a pick-me-up in the morning character. A latte usually contains 60ml of espresso, a 300ml of steamed milk and a 2ml foamed milk.
- A cappuccino is made with a double-shot espresso and topped with steamed milk. However, the difference between the cappuccino from the latte is that it doesn't have thin milk foam on top. A cappuccino is consists of 60ml espresso, a 60ml steamed milk, and a 60ml foamed milk.
- Mocha comes with a double-shot espresso with chocolate, topped with steamed milk and dollop of whipped cream on the top layer. Mocha is one of the sweetest espresso-based drinks. A 60ml espresso, a 50ml chocolate, and 30ml steamed milk are present in the mocha drink.
- Americano coffee is consists of a double-shot of espresso with hot water. The hot water lightens the espresso flavor that makes it more a sippable drink. A 60ml espresso and 90ml warm water are present in an Americano drink.
- A macchiato is consist of a double-shot of espresso topped with steamed milk. Macchiato can be served with less milk foam and gives a bolder flavor. It consists of 60ml espresso with a dot of foamed milk.
Popular Espresso Drinks At Dunkin Donuts
- The Iced Americano is consists of a double shot of Dunkin’s espresso with cold refreshing water and robust kick cup of coffee.
- You can brew iced french vanilla cappuccino with fresh ground beans, blended with milk. You can serve iced cappuccino with ice for a refreshing, frothy, and bold iced beverage.
- Hot Americano is consists of two shots of Dunkin' Rainforest Alliance Certified espresso with hot water for a rich, stronger flavor. The Americano is another option in a growing lineup of high-quality espresso-based beverages like cold brews, lattes, and more.
- Iced Latte has a layered espresso beverage specially crafted with care – two shots of freshly brewed espresso are combined with cold milk and a swirl of flavor then poured over ice.
- Cocoa Mocha Latte has a mocha flavor topped with whipped cream, a mocha drizzle and hot chocolate powder.
- An iced caramel macchiato is consist of layers of creamy milk, and two shots of espresso then served over ice.
Calorie Count On Popular Espresso-based Drinks at Dunkin Donuts
- Hot Americano – these coffee drinks are consist of an espresso shot plus some extra water. That puts this drink at about three calories.
- Iced Cappuccino - Cappuccinos will have slightly fewer calories than many other milk-based drinks because they are less milk and more foam. They tend to land somewhere between 110-135 calories.
- Iced Latte - latte is generally one of the higher-calorie drinks you can order; however, the calorie count varies pretty wildly depending on the milk you use. (Makes sense because it’s mostly milk.) Ordered without modification, they’re typically about 120-150 calories.
- Mocha Latte - This is one of the most calorie intensive drinks you can order. Depending on coffee drinkers' preference, mocha latte consists of about 290 calories because of the chocolate syrup.
Espresso coffee needs about 10 bars of pressure to remove all the oils inside the machine. The extraction of coffee oils is very important. The extraction temperature is another cost of the change in the taste of espresso. The extraction needs enough heat that requires about 94 degrees C. Adjust the broiler thermostat or give the espresso machine the right amount of temperature. Know more about espressos.
Now you know what to look for in the menu when you stop by at the popular donut shop since you know what are the espresso drinks at Dunkin Donuts. Their variety of flavors offer a unique taste and comfort to your mood, especially if you are always on the go.
Brewing a shot of espresso is already complicated and tedious enough with an espresso machine, even more, if you don’t have one. If you’re dedicated to come up and find a way to make espresso without an espresso machine, at some point you might have asked: “does French press make espresso?”.
One ounce is a shot of espresso, two ounces of liquid are a double shot. That may somewhat address the question, ” how many ounces is in a double shot of espresso ” in a nutshell. However, the Earl is not just here to give you expert advice and information about a thing or two with coffee.