When you thought you had tried all the coffee the world has served, here comes a new recipe showing up on your social media feed or being served in your local coffee shop. The bulletproof coffee is making headlines because of its added unusual ingredients: butter and coconut oil. It is easier to make one by yourself at home if you have a bulletproof French press! This article will give you the cons to look out for if you are planning to buy a bulletproof French press. Read on.
Bulletproof Coffee on Focus
You may be one of the many people who raised your eyebrow when you first heard about the bulletproof coffee. Some are still puzzled if it is safe or not. But what is it specifically? Popularized by Dave Asprey in 2011, bulletproof coffee is not like other coffee. We all grew up with coffee added with sugar and cream.
But this coffee doesn’t just end there because it comes with a special ingredient: butter and coconut oil! Yep, your favorite spread slash ingredient for your baked goodies is present in this coffee recipe. That is why it is also known as keto coffee or butter coffee. This new recipe promises the following benefits:
- It will help you focus on your activity and boost your energy.
- Since it is low in carbohydrates and high in fat, it will help you flush away fats in your body.
- Your body will absorb the essential nutrients from it like butyrate, vitamins K, E, A, and D, Omega 3, and beta-carotene.
- It will make you feel full! So, if you signed up for fasting, this should be your first drink in the morning to keep you going.
- It doesn’t trigger hyperacidity.
- It will help you prevent diseases like Parkinson, liver cancer, and type 2 diabetes.
- It will help you maintain a good blood sugar level.
- It will boost your metabolism.
- It helps regulate your blood pressure and prevent cramps.
But if you plan to buy a bulletproof coffee Keurig to make this, what are the cons you should look for? Read on.
What Cons to Look Out for in Getting a Bulletproof French Press
Most bulletproof French press comes with a stainless-steel mesh filter. This filter is responsible for extracting the flavor in your coffee beans and allows the oil and butter to mix in with it. The other parts of the press are also with stainless steel. So, if yours start to rust after the first use, it’s a big no! no! This is not just a clear sign that it is poorly made but also dangerous to your health. To help you prevent that from happening, here are your best options to try:
- Bodum Chambord French Press
- Espro Press P7
- Le Creuset of America French Press
- Frieling Double Wall Stainless Steel French Press and Coffee Maker
- Kona French Press
To extract the flavor from the coffee ingredients, it will require you to press the top. Resistance is a good sign because this means it extracts well. But if the one being presented on the bulletproof coffee maker to you doesn’t resist but rather allows you to push it easily, this means the extraction is wasted. As a result, your coffee will taste less flavorful.
How the bulletproof coffee maker was made and what materials the manufacturers used played a big role in your bulletproof French press. If it is flimsy, you will only use it for a short period. So, it means your money is wasted. Before you buy it, check for the description, and read some reviews online to ensure it is sturdy.
Hassle in Cleaning
Cleaning it shouldn’t be that hard. Make sure that some parts of this bulletproof coffee maker are removable so you can clean the hard to reach areas. In this way, you can be sure that it is always clean and safe whenever you need to use it.
Bulletproof coffee is the new craze for coffee lovers, especially for those who want to tone down or lose weight. With the help of a bulletproof French press, you can make it easier since it is specifically designed to do the job. Now that we have presented the cons to look out for this type of bulletproof coffee maker, you can start your quest to get the best one for your home. Know more about french press coffees.