Keurig has long established in the industry that it is easy to use and highly convenient brand of coffee machines. It is the perfect match for fast-paced offices, but did you ever wonder what is the best Keurig for home use?
Brewing coffee in the comforts of your home not only allows you to be more at ease but also gives you the freedom to experiment a bit more with each brew. Keurig has a ton of coffee machines to choose from, so let’s find out which one best suits your lifestyle.
Types of Keurig Coffee Makers
At some point in time, the Keurig brand has revolutionized the coffee brewing industry as they first introduced the Keurig K-Cup Brewing System and the pre-packaged K-Cup coffee pods. This new brewing system allows Keurig coffee machines to brew a single cup of coffee extremely fast while the K-Cup coffee pods serve as a reliable option for a quick, easy, and diverse menu of coffee recipes.
Since the Keurig company has been in the industry for roughly 20 years, much of their products have developed, and their coffee machines are now generally categorized into two types of model: the Keurig 1.0 and the Keurig 2.0.
- Can brew 6, 8, or 10oz of coffee at a time while using the same sized pod. The idea is that the machine would just brew the coffee in larger amounts of water while the amount of coffee in the pod stays the same. Therefore, you can adjust the brew strength by simply choosing the smaller cup for a stronger taste and vice versa.
- Earlier generations of Keurig coffee machines are compatible with any brand of a pod, whether Keurig or not. Plus, the classic-line also allows you to brew coffee using a refillable pod.
- Newer models coming from the Keurig 2.0 can brew larger sized cups from 6,8,10 and 12 oz. Furthermore, some machines also feature a carafe that can brew up to 30 oz of coffee in one cycle.
- Coffee machines belonging in the Keurig 2.0-line are designed to accommodate only Keurig-branded pods. Furthermore, refillable pods are no longer compatible with the 2.0’s coffee pod barcode technology. A lot of consumers did not like these changes as K-pods are quite expensive. This problem was later fixed by Keurig’s introduction of its My K-Cup, which in itself serves as a refillable pod.
|Keurig K-Duo Plus, 12-Cup Carafe Drip Coffee Maker And Brewer||The Keurig K-Duo Plus Coffee Maker might just be the most versatile coffee machine in the market. It has a clean and minimalist design with a highly intuitive user interface, making it easy to control and navigate. It also has a wide range of brew control settings and is compatible with different K-cup pods and ground coffee.|
|Keurig K-Select Single-serve Coffee Brewer||Much like any other Keurig coffee machine, the K-Select offers fast and easy brewing experience and utmost reliability. It is user-friendly in terms of its user interface and is also easy to clean and maintain.|
|Keurig K15 Compact Coffee Maker||The Keurig K15 is widely considered as one of the brand’s most basic and inexpensive coffee machines. This small and compact coffee maker is very easy to use and can brew k-cup pods in multiple sizes within a matter of minutes.|
|Keurig K575 Coffee Maker||While the Keurig K575 might be too big of a coffee machine for some home users, this powerful brewer is stacked with amazing features and produces premium quality coffee. It features some of the brand’s newest technology and innovations to make your experience all in all easier and better.|
|Keurig K-Classic Coffee Maker||The K-Classic is one of the brand’s earliest models, but it performs just like any other Keurig coffee machine. It produces delicious coffee every time and is easy to use and navigate. It is the perfect coffee machine for anyone who wants a very simple and straightforward process for a perfectly good cup of coffee|
Detailed Reviews of the Best Keurigs for Home Use
Keurig K-Duo Plus, 12-Cup Carafe Drip Coffee Maker And Brewer
The Keurig K-Duo Plus Coffee Maker might just be the most versatile coffee machine in the market. It has a clean and minimalist design with a highly intuitive user interface, making it easy to control and navigate. It also has a wide range of brew control settings and is compatible with different K-cup pods and ground coffee.
The Keurig K-Duo Plus Coffee Maker is affordable for a home coffee machine. You would get that same taste and feel of an actual coffee shop experience for sure.
The Keurig K-Duo Plus Coffee Maker not only allows you to brew coffee, latte, and cappuccino easily; it also has several settings that would be useful for busy persons. It comes with a programmable carafe automatic brew. You can just program this coffee maker and let it brew the carafe automatically, up to twenty four hours in advance.
The Earls Overall Rating
The K-Duo Plus Coffee Maker might just be the best performing coffee machine for that versatile and hassle-free brewing experience. If you have the money to pay for it, go ahead and opt for this buy.
- Simple and highly intuitive user interface
- Includes a fairly large 60 ounce water reservoir
- Choice of 4 cup sizes (6,8,10, and 12 oz.)
- Comes with a reusable filter
- Features a programmable carafe auto-brew
- Some issues with durability and longevity
- Has issues in dispensing water
Keurig K-Select Single-serve Coffee Brewer
Much like any other Keurig coffee machine, the K-Select offers fast and easy brewing experience and utmost reliability. It is user-friendly in terms of its user interface and is also easy to clean and maintain.
The Keurig K-Select produces quality coffee that is at par with high-end coffee makers. It’s clean and modern design is also a plus.
The K-Select has minimal brew customization options, such as temperature control. It depends highly on the type of coffee pod or ground that you use.
The Earls Overall Rating
The Keurig K-Select is an excellent coffee machine that produces superb coffee with no trouble. It is the perfect model that features simple controls with almost instant brewed coffee.
- Features an auto on-off function
- Adjustable brew strength setting
- Includes a large 50 oz water reservoir
- 6,8,10, and 12 oz brew size options
- Limited brew customization options
- Offers bare minimum and performance for a mid-range model
Keurig K15 Compact Coffee Maker
The Keurig K15 is widely considered as one of the brand’s most basic and inexpensive coffee machines. This small and compact coffee maker is very easy to use and can brew k-cup pods in multiple sizes within a matter of minutes.
The K15 Compact Coffee Maker features a space-saving and straightforward built and is ideal for those with limited spaces. It offers powerful brewing capabilities and produces amazing coffee with no frills.
The K15 has the standard features found in most Keurig coffee machine such as an automatic shutoff feature, brew size options, as well as K-pod compatibility.
The Earls Overall Rating
This highly intuitive coffee machine is ideal for anyone who seeks a simple and hassle-free brewing experience without sacrificing the quality of the brew. The K15 Compact coffee maker is perfect as a personal coffee machine that requires minimal cleaning and maintenance.
- Easy one-touch compatibility
- 6,8, and 10 brew size options
- Focus on space-saving and portability feature
- Has automatic shutoff feature
- Only compatible with single-serve K-cup pods
- Doesn’t include a water reservoir
Keurig K575 Coffee Maker
While the Keurig K575 might be too big of a coffee machine for some home users, this powerful brewer is stacked with amazing features and produces premium quality coffee. It features some of the brand’s newest technology and innovations to make your experience all in all easier and better.
Despite being a huge device, the Keurig K575 features a sleek and modern design that makes it pleasing to the eyes. It is minimalistic in nature and features highly intuitive settings and controls for easy navigation.
The K575’s stocky built is a result of its jam-packed features that are added to make your brewing experience so much better.
The Earls Overall Rating
The Keurig K575 features a wide range of features and multiple customization options that allows a more personalized brewing experience. It produces superb coffee and can accommodate larger brews with its carafe option.
- Produces superb tasting coffee
- Includes a carafe
- Lightning-fast brew time
- Has multiple customization options
- Easy to use
- Large footprint
- Plastic material looks and feels cheap
- Compatible with Keurig-brand capsules only
Keurig K-Classic Coffee Maker
The K-Classic is one of the brand’s earliest models, but it performs just like any other Keurig coffee machine. It produces delicious coffee every time and is easy to use and navigate. It is the perfect coffee machine for anyone who wants a very simple and straightforward process for a perfectly good cup of coffee.
As an entry-level coffee machine, the Keurig K-Classic performs perfectly well and is ideal for beginners and novice coffee makers. It is simple to use and features a user-friendly UI.
The K-Classic does not have the high-tech features for a more sophisticated and customizable brews but it still gets the job done.
The Earls Overall Rating
The K-Classic is a nice throwback to the simple and basic Keurig coffee machines that were designed to brew coffee fast and easy. Considering its price, the K-Classic is an amazing investment for an ever-reliable coffee machine.
- Durable stainless steel built
- Heat resistant handle
- Easy to pour nozzle
- Brewing process is fast
- Fast cooling
- Serves only 9 cups
- Does not have high-tech features
Home Brewing Done Right
Brewing coffee at home is always the practical choice for anyone who often drinks coffee. Rather than spending so much on coffee shops, might as well invest in one of the best Keurig for home use that we listed in this article. You can opt for Keurig’s premium models such as the K-Café or opt for a more basic model, such as the K-Classic. Either way, great-tasting coffee will definitely come your way. Know more about Keurigs.