A lot of you will agree that enjoying a delightful cup of coffee in the morning is the best and perfect way to start your day. Espresso, and all other incredible drinks you can do with it, is too amazing to miss out on. While some espresso machines in the market come with thousand-dollar price tags, some are budget-friendly. For coffee lovers or coffeeholics on a budget, hunting for the best espresso maker under 100 is of top priority. However, the greatest challenge is when it comes to choosing one, especially for those who do not have any knowledge of what cons to look out for in getting espresso makers under 100. Read on to know some of the disadvantages of getting one.
The Risk of Budget-friendly Espresso Machines
When you’re searching for a cheap espresso machine, it’s quite a bit tricky to recognize the plastic and counter-top space wasters from the real, well-equipped, and durable entry-level espresso machines.
Up to what price point will you be sure that you will end up with a decent inexpensive espresso machine? While there are certainly various options available for less than $100, spending a little more cash will give you a better experience with an espresso maker that you won’t need to replace after six months.
Ultra-cheap espresso machines, especially those under $50 are not really true espresso machines. They don’t even have porta-filters, or steam. You really can’t make lattes with it, only slightly stronger coffee. And if you buy one of these, you might end up disappointed.
Espresso is not a cheap hobby. If you want to do it right, you would have to spend a lot more than 100 dollars.
However, if you are at a time of your life where your budget only allows for a less than an ideal machine, we’re not here to judge you.
- Go for good quality: With the best espresso maker under 100, one of your main concerns should be durability. By default, espresso makers are delicate products that require a lot of care and maintenance, even more so for the cheaper ones. For this reason, it is recommended that you should get one that has a good track record and maybe has a one-year warranty.
- The Grinder: One of the key issues when looking for a budget-friendly espresso machine is that no matter how low you go, you have to consider the grinder as a part of the equation.
Once you’ve invested in a quality grinder, the espresso machine’s selection criteria usually come down to temperature stability and convenience. The better and more expensive espresso machines are either more stable when it comes to temperature or consistently producing the target temperature if you stick with the correct procedure. Beyond that, the device features normally come down to convenience.
Disadvantages of Single-Serve Espresso Makers
Often, single-serve espresso makers are cheaper than the others, and their prices are usually pegged at around one hundred dollars or less. However, you must also consider these drawbacks in getting one.
- You Have Less Control Over your Coffee: This is specifically for advanced users who really know how to control an espresso maker. Having a single-serve machine, you really can’t control your machine’s temperature and other features as well.
- Coffee Pod: Committing to a single-serve espresso machine also implies committing to the coffee brand as most machines only use their coffee pods exclusively. This could also indicate a lesser coffee variety available. So make sure you check the possible coffee pods for the machine before purchasing it.
- More Expensive Coffee: The obsession of buying coffee pods can really get costly over time. Although it is still less expensive than buying coffee from a coffee shop, it is still more costly than whole or ground coffee beans.
Having the best espresso maker under 100 will definitely elevate your daily coffee experience. Sipping that delicious, aromatic cup of coffee from your espresso machine is indeed the perfect way to start the day. Although it is a preference for coffee lovers to get the best espresso maker under 100, it is only fitting to know and be aware of some of its disadvantages for you to have an informed decision. There may be tons of affordable espresso makers out there, but remember, not all cheaper machines offer the best quality. You might end up rather disappointed instead of enjoying your daily cup. Learn more about espresso makers.