What Is A Beginner Espresso Machine
Love for coffee is like a relationship. We all need to start somewhere, and budding coffee lovers, with their newfound love for coffee, need the right equipment and support to nurture that relationship. It sounds mushy, we know, but coffee lovers from around the world will concede to the fact that they can't live a day without coffee. That's why before it gets intense and technical, we will give you the best beginner espresso machine choices that are easy to use and delightful to make espresso drinks with. If you're a beginner, your journey starts here.
3 Exciting Drinks You Can Make With An Espresso Machine
Before we check out the best beginner espresso machine choices, let's further excite ourselves by looking at the possibilities an espresso machine has to offer.
If you've contemplated getting an espresso machine, you definitely have a favorite espresso drink in mind. Is it a latte? Mocha? or a classic, single shot espresso? Whatever it is, that favorite shouldn't be the only thing encouraging you to get an espresso machine. There are many other drinks you can make with a single espresso machine.
- Honey Cinnamon Latte
This sweet and spicy drink is very easy to make. All you need to do is blend two espresso shots and warm milk for 15 seconds and drizzle it with honey and cinnamon.
- Iced espresso mudslides
You can make this bold and unique drink just by brewing 2 ounces of espresso! All you need to do is add 2 oz espresso, Irish cream, and 3 oz vodka into a cocktail shaker with ice, and you'll have a fun spring and summer cocktail.
- Peanut butter smoothie with espresso
This fun drink is a sweet and dark mix with the peanut butter and espresso combo. All you need to do is add one banana, 1/4 cup of peanut butter, 2 shots of espresso, half a cup of milk, and a tablespoon of maple syrup in a blender with ice.
The possibilities are endless. Who knows? You might even come up with a unique espresso recipe to share with your friends and loved ones.
How To Choose An Espresso Machine
Finding the best beginner espresso machine is all about convenience and ease of use. But there are factors worth considering. Espresso machines are either super-automatic or semi-automatic. Super-automatic machines don't need any manual assistance, but semi-automatic machines need light intervention. But before making that decision, here are some things to look out for.
- Space - How much countertop space do you have for your espresso machine? Besides aesthetics, space should be an influencing factor in your decision to make your coffee comfortably.
- Capacity - Is this espresso machine for your personal use, or are you sharing it with other members of your household? If there are budding coffee lovers in your home, you may want to consider a bigger espresso machine.
- Features - As we look for the best beginner espresso machine, you will realize that this device has a myriad of features to offer, from built-in grinders to tea brewing capabilities. The number of features in a particular machine affects its ease of use, and as a beginner, you may want to consider that.
- Price - Work on a budget plan when choosing an espresso machine. Some of these machines can cost as much as $700 and some below $100. It is wise to be practical with your choice, so you don't end up with a pricey machine with features you don't even need.
- Cleaning - As a beginner, maintenance should be an important factor in choosing your espresso machine. Pick something that has detachable parts or, better yet, a self-cleaning mechanism.
- Preference - Whether it's the type of espresso drink you're after or some level of control, consider your preferences, so you will enjoy using your espresso machine.
Beginner Espresso Machine Suggestions
The sound super-automatic may sound too much, but this machine is the barista. If you prefer enjoying your espresso drinks with just a simple touch of a button, this is the best way to go. You'll also have to expect that these machines are a bit more expensive than some semi-automatic choices.
Super Automatic Espresso Machines
- De'Longhi ESAM3300 Magnifica Super Automatic Espresso & Coffee Machine
This machine does all the work for you, including grinding beans and steaming milk and froth. All that's left to do is operate the device with its easy-to-use rotary and push-button control panel.
- Nespresso VertuoPlus Coffee and Espresso Maker Bundle with Aeroccino Milk Frother
If you prefer pods over beans, this minimalist machine will do the work for you. With just a touch of a button, it brews single-serve coffee cup sizes that you can use to pour over ice for your favorite iced espresso drinks. It also comes with a separate milk frother for your cappuccino and latte.
Semi Automatic Espresso Machines
These machines need a bit of your help to function. Even if you're a beginner, this can be an excellent way to practice making coffee before switching to a fully manual-coffee-making purist.
- Barsetto Espresso Machines 15 Bar Cappuccino Machine with Adjustable Milk Frother
This machine has a frothing wand that you can use to make steamed milk and foam for your drinks. It can make 2 espresso shots at a time and comes with easy-to-operate indicator lights and controls. You may need some practice when using this for milk, but it is an excellent way to practice as a beginner.
- STARESSO Portable Espresso Machine
This portable espresso machine makes your favorite espresso with just hot water. It doesn't need power to operate, making it perfect for travel and the outdoors. If you're worried about the absence of a milk frother, don't be. It can be used with Nespresso pods so you can get a mocha or latte on the go.
Not all beginners and relationships are the same. The best beginner espresso machine is more than just getting the right support to make your favorite espresso drinks. It is about finding a compatible machine that will keep nurturing your love for coffee.
Can you make espresso with regular coffee beans? Well, the short answer is ‘yes,’ but there are some caveats you’ll need to know.
Have you ever pictured yourself owning a coffee shop? There’s something magical about imagining yourself at the helm of a busy café, slinging out perfectly brewed espressos for waiting customers while the..
How much espresso is in a latte? We know that when they’re prepared right– with the proper blend of espresso, milk, and that tasty layer of froth– that lattes ..